Working under the guidance of JRS Europe Communications Coordinator, the Communications Assistant will aid in the production of JRS Europe external and internal communications. She/he/they will assist in the implementation of JRS Europe’s communications strategy, manage JRS Europe social media accounts, and produce content for the website.
The Communications Assistant is able to engage with fellow team members in the Regional Office, as well as JRS national offices’ teams in working towards a common vision. In close cooperation with the Programme’s team, the Communications Assistant will work on developing and implementing the communication actions and activities of projects.
Under the supervision and guidance of JRS Europe Communications Coordinator, the Communications Assistant will:
- Write, edit and proofread a variety of communications materials, such as news and stories, social media posts, newsletters, brochures, project updates and annual reports.
- Update and maintain JRS Europe and projects websites and social media channels.
- Create and disseminate newsletters.
- Support advocacy, policy, fundraising, representation, and networking efforts as required.
- Support country offices in communications.
- Carry out a variety of administrative and maintenance tasks as necessary.
- Participate in the development of campaigns according to our strategic priorities.
How to apply
Candidates should send CV (max. two pages), cover letter (max. one page) and one communication sample crafted for professional or educational purposes (candidates are encouraged to select one they believe aligns with the current job search) in English by e-mail to Europe.firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight CET on June 23, 2023.
Please include the job title and your full name in the file names, and mention “Communications Assistant” in the email subject.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Prospective candidates may also be asked to carry out a written assignment in English as part of the selection procedure.
If you do not hear back from us by August 7th, 2023, unfortunately, your application has not been selected.
JRS Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.