The JRS Europe office in Brussels is currently recruiting for a Project Officer to join the team.
The Project Officer reports to the Programme Coordinator and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the project activities and task assigned to attain goals and objectives of the projects.
- Responsible for overseeing project work-plan performance, participating in project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting and programme development in project site.
- Initiate planning for project.
- Developing project proposals and project documentation.
- Supporting the Programme Coordinator in all aspects of the implementation.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation systems including indicators.
- Assist and participate in project events.
- Report on project activities according to project timeframes.
- Prepare financial and narrative reports.
- Do monitoring and supervision of activities implemented in the project’s sites to ensure effective implementation.
- Participate in project review.
Qualifications and Experience
The post-holder will have the following essential experiences, skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- University studies in international relations, politics, business administration, law or equivalent.
- Specific studies in international development, human rights, migration…
- Proven experience and substantive understanding of NGO budgeting, accounting, and reporting.
- Proven experience managing private and public grants, with a special focus on EU funded grants.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, constructive attitude to meeting challenges, solving problems, and identifying opportunities.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously in a busy office environment and to meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel to country offices in Europe.
Core Values and Ethics
- Enthusiasm for the mission of JRS and willingness to advocate based on the JRS mission and vision.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Field experience in working with refugees, migrants or vulnerable social groups is highly valued.
- Previous professional experience with a faith-based organization is an asset.
- Ability to speak and write fluently and compellingly in English and French.
- Working knowledge of additional European languages.
Terms of appointment
- This is a part-time position (30 hours per week).
- We offer an indeterminate contract.
- The desired starting date is immediately.
- The salary offered for this position is between € 2.800 and € 3.200 gross full time per month, according to experience and skills. All conditions and additional benefits are according to Belgian legislation.
How to Apply
Candidates should send CV and cover letter written in English by e-mail to: Europe.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Project Officer Opening including your first and last name by midnight CET on 31 December 2022. If you do not hear back from us by 20 January 2023, unfortunately your application has not been selected.
JRS Europe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.