The JRS Europe office in Brussels is currently recruiting for a Finance & Administration Coordinator to join the team.
Accounting and Finances:
- Responsible for the financial and analytical accounting systems of the Regional Office, including administration of finances, accounts management, payments, bank.
- Consolidate and produce quarterly internal budget versus actual reports with explanations on the core and program budget, and quarterly management accounts for the Regional Director.
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets, and the annual closing of accounts, including a full assurance audit by a certified public auditor.
- Accounting and monitoring of JRS Europe common projects in close cooperation with JRS country offices and other partners involved.
- Review interim and final financial reports of JRS country offices within common projects, including verifying the required supporting documents according to donor requirements.
- Issue timely financial reports in close cooperation with JRS Program Coordination and Fundraising staff, to funding agencies according to agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate the implementation of JRS regional office financial policies and procedures (including procurements) and recommend improvements.
- Assist JRS country offices to ensure that finance and accountant officers are properly recruited and receive adequate training. This will require frequent communication with country offices.
Administration and Human Resources:
- Responsible for all administrative procedures required by Belgium law, including the General Assembly and meetings of the Board of Directors, the official publications in the Moniteur Belge and BNB.
- Responsible for Human Resources in collaboration with the JRS social secretariat, including payroll and contracts for staff, holidays, insurances, volunteers and interns.
- Filing of documents and electronic data and ensuring safe storage in compliance with GDPR.
- Purchase equipment and regular office supplies.
- Maintain contact with the building owner.
- Budgeting and administrative support for meetings and missions.
- Responding to general inquiries by phone or mail, as part of the office team.
Qualifications and Experience
The post-holder will have the following essential experiences, skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- University studies in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent.
- Proven experience and substantive understanding of NGO budgeting, accounting and reporting.
- Proficiency and competences in handling finance and communications software.
- Proven experience managing private and public grants, with a special focus on EU funded grants.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with donor management systems and in compliance with data protection legislation.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, constructive attitude to meeting challenges, solving problems and identifying opportunities.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously in a busy office environment and to meet deadlines.
- Availability to travel to country offices in Europe.
Core Values and Ethics
- Enthusiasm for the mission of JRS and willingness to advocate based on the JRS mission and vision.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Field experience in working with refugees, migrants or vulnerable social groups is highly valued.
- Previous professional experience with a faith-based organization is an asset.
- Ability to speak and write fluently and compellingly in English and French.
- Working knowledge of additional European languages.
Terms of appointment
- This is a full-time position (38 hours per week) or two part time positions, in case candidates would be specializing on Accounting or Finances/Administration.
- We offer a 12-months contract, to be possibly transformed into a contract of undetermined duration.
- The desired starting date is immediately.
- The salary offered for this position is between € 2 800 and € 3 200 gross full time per month, according to experience and skills. All conditions and additional benefits are according to Belgian legislation.
How to Apply
Candidates should send CV and cover letter written in English by e-mail to: Europe.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Finance Coordinator Job Opening including your first and last name. There is no deadline for the receipt of applications, candidate´s applications will be examined on a rolling basis, so as to start immediately or at earliest convenience.